THESE TERMS OF SERVICE GOVERN OUR AGREEMENT TO PROVIDE SERVICES TO YOU, AND OUR SUBSEQUENT OPERATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT.
By visiting chesssparks.com, becoming a member, or using any of our services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
We do not store credit card details, nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by chesssparks.com is controlled primarily by Chess Sparks.
What Personal Information about users does chesssparks.com gather?
The information we learn from members helps us personalise and continually improve your experience at chesssparks.com.
We use the information to communicate with you about offers, products and services, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us and customer reviews and recommend and provide services that might be of interest to you. Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Give Us:
We receive and may store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future offers for you, improving our site and communicating with you.
We receive and may store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses chesssparks.com. Although these may not operate when you visit our site we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
To help us make e-mails more useful we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mails from chesssparks.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please unsubscribe.
If you subscribe to Chess Sparks, your name and e-mail address will be placed in a database. As with all other personal information, only employees of Chess Sparks have access to this data. We do not give Chess Sparks addresses to outside companies. We will also never rent or sell out email address.
Any e-mail you send to Chess Sparks is completely confidential. For security reasons, if your inquiry is about one of your subscriptions, we may ask you to submit some additional information only to verify your identity. Remember, in this case we are only asking you to confirm information you have already given us. We reserve the right to remove any messages from our social media or website which are advertisements to buy or sell, are unrelated ads for other products, which contain profanity or are otherwise illegal.
If you have any questions or comments you can reach us via the contact page.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are most often small text files that websites may put on your computer whilst you are browsing. Cookies are used for many different purposes. For example, they can:
help search engines remember that you want your search results in English;
help a website remember your preferences so that you don’t need to customise it every time;
help our website to deliver a better service by showing you the content most relevant to you;
identify and resolve errors so that the site is improved for everybody;
analyse how well a website is performing.
The most common function of cookies is to remember bits of information that help make browsing the web easier and more hassle-free for you.
SALES AND REFUNDS
The only circumstances in which we are able to refund fees is if we are not able to supply our product for some reason within 30 days of the agreed upon time. By entering your credit card/debit card details you agree to pay the full fees due and accept our zero refunds policy.
CHESS SPARKS STATEMENT
Chess Sparks takes our customers privacy very seriously. We are also aware of the threats to your security and privacy on the Internet. Please take a few moments to review the steps that Chess Sparks takes to ensure your privacy and security while giving you the best possible customer service possible.
Chess Sparks does not sell or rent your name to anyone. That means that only authorised employees of Chess Sparks ever have access to any information you submit. We may use your name and address to send you information on other Chess Sparks products that may suit your interests. And, although we disagree with it, we must turn over any pertinent information to any law enforcement agency that takes the proper steps to require it.
If at any time you wish to be removed from our mailing list, please contact us by clicking here or by using the unsubscribe link included in every email we send out
The inclusion of an ad in Chess Sparks does not constitute an explicit endorsement.
Nothing in the e-mails we send or website content should be considered personalised but considered generally. No communication by our employees to you should be deemed as personalised advice.
CHESS SPARKS LICENSE AGREEMENT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. Footage may not be used in any way, and no rights are granted, until payment of all fees stated on the Invoice(s), and any other applicable fees or costs. Licensee’s right to use same shall be only on the terms specified herein.
2. Footage remains the property of Chess Sparks and/or the copyright owner. A license only is granted to use the Footage for the use specified on the Invoice and for no other purpose. Licensee does not acquire any right, title or interest in or to any Footage or other licensed material, and will not make, authorise or permit any use of the Footage or other licensed material other than as specified herein. Full credit and copyright information must remain with file. Chess Sparks will receive appropriate credit when credit is given to vendors of similar services, such as other footage providers.
3. Chess Sparks has the right to grant the rights specified herein. Chess Sparks agrees to license Footage only on the condition that Licensee agrees to use it in the specific context, extent and time period set forth on the Invoice. Any use by Licensee (or third parties) other than the use herein permitted is a material breach of this Agreement and entitles Chess Sparks to immediately rescind this license.
4. LIQUIDATED DAMAGES. THE RIGHT TO USE FOOTAGE IS VALUABLE. LICENSEE AGREES THAT IT WOULD BE DIFFICULT AND IMPRACTICABLE TO DETERMINE THE VALUE OF SUCH RIGHT AND, ACCORDINGLY, LICENSEE AND CHESS SPARKS AGREE THAT THE REASONABLE LIQUIDATED VALUE OF THE RIGHT TO USE THE FOOTAGE OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF THE LICENSE GRANTED HEREIN IS THREE (3) TIMES THE LICENSE FEE FOR THE FOOTAGE.
5. Licensee may not sell, rent, lend, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any Footage or the right to use or reproduce Footage, and will take all commercially reasonable efforts to prevent third parties from doing same.
6. Footage may not be used for any libellous, defamatory, obscene, immoral or other unlawful purpose; or in a manner that would tarnish, damage or harm the rights of another; or as a trademark or service mark; or in violation of the trademark or copyright rights of others. No model releases or other releases exist on any Footage unless the existence of such release is specified in writing by Chess Sparks. Chess Sparks gives no rights or warranties with respect to the use of names, trademarks, logo types, designs or works of art depicted in any picture, or the registrations or copyrights thereof, and Licensee must satisfy itself that all necessary rights, consents or permission as may be required for reproduction are secured. Licensee shall not sub-license, sub-distribute, re-record, transfer, assign, sell, resell, redistribute or provide to others any portion of the Content or its accompanying materials except as required with respect to the entire Project and expressly identified on the Transaction Summary. You shall not store or share the Content via a database, library, image, video or audio storage network, configuration or similar arrangement, except as required to incorporate the Content in Unless authorised in writing by Chess Sparks, You shall not alter, edit or enhance the Content in any manner, or use, reproduce, sub-license, or sub-distribute the Content. Licensee shall not permit the Content to be available in any medium in a manner that enables third parties to download, copy, extract or access the Content as a standalone file. You may not directly or indirectly reproduce the Content in any secondary reproductions such as screen shots, in-context promotions or on file-sharing or social networking websites such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc., unless expressly authorised in writing by Chess Sparks.
7. All rights not specifically granted herein to Licensee are reserved for Chess Sparks’ use and disposition without any limitations whatsoever.
8. Licensee shall indemnify Chess Sparks and hold Chess Sparks harmless from all claims, damages, liabilities, and/or lawsuits, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating to the use of the Footage by Licensee (or third parties). Chess Sparks shall indemnify Licensee against all claims relating to or arising from the Chess Sparks warranty that it has the right to grant the rights specified herein.
9. This contract contains all the terms of this Agreement concerning use of Footage, and no term or conditions may be added or deleted unless made in writing and signed by both parties. These terms and the terms of any subsequent invoice/copyright license supersede any and all prior agreements and understandings pertaining hereto.
CLAIMS OR DISPUTES
11. Any and all disputes, with the exception of copyright claims, arising out of, under or in connection with this Agreement, including, without limitation, the validity, interpretation, performance and breach hereof, shall be settled by arbitration in United Kingdom. If Chess Sparks is caused to present claims or suit as a result of any breach of the above terms set forth, it shall be made whole by Licensee for such reasonable legal fees or costs.
12. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that any unauthorised or unlicensed use of any Content by Licensee constitutes infringement of copyright and other applicable laws and shall entitle Chess Sparks to exercise all rights and remedies available at law or in equity, including but not limited to monetary damages and injunctive relief against all users and beneficiaries of the use of such Content. In addition to any other fees, damages and penalties available at law or under this Agreement, Chess Sparks reserves the right to assess and you agree to pay a fee equal to five (5) times Chess Sparks’ License Fee for such misuse or unlicensed use of the Content. The foregoing is not a limiting statement of Chess Sparks’ or its suppliers’ rights or remedies in connection with any unauthorised use of the Content or any breach of this Agreement. Without limiting any of the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Content comes into the possession of any unauthorised third person, firm or corporation while it is in your control and due to your negligence or wilful misconduct, you shall undertake reasonable efforts to recover the Content and to recover on HVL’s behalf any damages sustained by Chess Sparks by reason of the unauthorised use thereof.
If you have any questions about our services or programs please feel free to submit your request via email to CustomerSupport@chesssparks.com.
If you would like to offer feedback or suggestions for issue topics or new video ideas, please do so by e-mailing us at ContactUs@ChessSparks.com.